Tuesday 9 July 2013

On One Lurcher new build- Shimano 2x10 XT groupset



On One Lurcher 29er
The Lurcher has been patiently waiting since I fitted the Token BB92 press fit bottom bracket  and FRM D-SET 1,5" Tapered headset  for the arrival of a lovely Shimano XT 2x10 groupset . Well it's arrived and what a sexy bit of kit it is.

2x10 XT Groupset-lovely shininess
I have chosen the 38-26 chainset and the 11-36 cassette. I did want the 40-28 chainset but for some reason that option wasn't available with the direct mount front mech, also as you can see I chose the silver group over the black because I think it's more classic looking and also in my opinion the black looks like it's OE component's. I'm not sure if it was a mistake but the front mech supplied  is black but I'm glad because as it's direct mount on to the black frame I think it looks better black. Bonus ! I chose the massive 11-36 cassette because I might go 1x10 at some point in the future. I think my favourite bits though are the brake levers, they are just gorgeous. I can't wait to get it all fitted.


Also arriving this week are the carbon low riseCrankbrothers Cobalt 11 bar  which look real quality and my favourite saddle the Selle Italia Flite XC   which I have on my Pompino SSCX and will be my third Flite saddle. I had pondered about trying a different saddle as the Flite on my Pompino had a bit of the stitching and cover come away but I have decided better the devil you know. Both these items were bought from www.on-one.co.uk at half the manufacturers rrp, yet another great deal from them. I'm picking up some Stans Crest/hope 29er wheels from 18 bikes later this week. Just the tyres,seastpost grips and discs to get then and it will be ready to roll.

5 comments:

  1. That's going to look lovely chap, I have the XT brakes and the performance match the looks, easily the best brakes I've ever used.. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, I've read a lot of good stuff about the brakes and can't wait to try them..I'm hoping to be done by the end of next week..fingers crossed :-)

      Delete
    2. I have mostly the same components for my lurcher frame. I went for the black shimano xt groupset rather the silver. Could you tell me, how did you fit the token bb? There's a silver curly shaped ring that i can't understand where it belons. Thanks and waiting for the final review!

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the late reply I hadn't noticed your comment, you have probably found out what to do with the curly washer by now Igor but if you haven't it is surplus when used with Shimano cranks so you don't need to worry about it. I have been pleasantly surprised with the Token press fit bottom bracket as I had read a lot of comments about creaking due to it being too easy to press in but I have had no such problems so far with the only creaking coming from the the seatpost clamp area which is probably because I'm not doing the clamp up tightly enough because I'm a bit nervous of over doing it. That aside I'm really pleased with it, it is a really fun thing to ride, I'm amazed at how fast it is. .hope you enjoy your's as much as I do mine..

      Delete
    4. Sorry for the late reply I hadn't noticed your comment, you have probably found out what to do with the curly washer by now Igor but if you haven't it is surplus when used with Shimano cranks so you don't need to worry about it. I have been pleasantly surprised with the Token press fit bottom bracket as I had read a lot of comments about creaking due to it being too easy to press in but I have had no such problems so far with the only creaking coming from the the seatpost clamp area which is probably because I'm not doing the clamp up tightly enough because I'm a bit nervous of over doing it. That aside I'm really pleased with it, it is a really fun thing to ride, I'm amazed at how fast it is. .hope you enjoy your's as much as I do mine..

      Delete