Wednesday 31 July 2013

Lurcher has Lift Off

The Lurcher is finally up and running after what seemed like the longest bike build in history. I have been helping my girlfriend Debs to move house which has meant we have had no time to ride let alone time to build a bike, but we somehow managed it and we got to squeeze in a ride here and there too.





Full specification as is in the pics
On One Lurcher carbon 29er.
Rock Shox Sid 29er 120mm XX tapered forks.
FRM 1/8-1/5 zero stack headset
Stans Crest tubeless rims on red Hope Pro 2'S wheelset.
Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.10 tubeless ready tyres.
Shimano  XT m785 2x10 silver groupset with a direct mount front mech & Shadow rear mech, 38t-26t XT chainset and full XT cable outers.
Shimano XT m785 silver brakeset.
Aligator Aries 160mm discs (red)
Look S-Track pedals.
Red Token press fit BB92 bottom bracket.
eXotic carbon ti in line seatpost 350mm.
Selle Italia Flite XC ti saddle.
Red Planet X seatpost collar.
Truvativ noir 700mm flat carbon bar.
90mm 10ยบ rise Thomson stem flipped.
ESI chunky grips.
Hope bar end bungs.
KCNC red jockey wheels.
KCNC red cable ferrules.
Red Thomson faceplate & top cap upgrade kit.
Red Middleburn cable oilers.
Red Mt Zoom shroom bottle cage bolts.

Planned upgrades are some red Blackspire chainrings which in my experience are lighter, harder wearing and shift just as good if not better than the stock Shimano chainrings. A KMC X10 SL DLC red&black chain which are bloody expensive for a chain but they are bloody good too with a special coating that makes them very hard wearing and one of the lightest 10 speed chains around which KMC developed  for some Pro Tour teams.

I have weighed the bike with luggage scales and the lowest reading I got was 21 1/2 lbs or 9 1/2 kg's so I reckon I can safely say that its about 22 lbs which I'm more than happy with and with the planned upgrades it should come down a little further. I'm not trying to make it a weight weenie but if I can shave some weight then why not.

Well there it is my newest member of my growing On One quiver of bikes.

How does it ride ?

Tune in next time to find out...

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jez , like I said there's one or two things I'd like to do yet but I'm really happy with it :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.
    carbon fiber bike products

    ReplyDelete