Sunday 1 July 2012

Sky in yellow already-sort of

When I saw that team Sky were wearing yellow helmets today I wasn't sure if it was a statement of intent, just Sky paying homage to Le tour or they probably think that a Sky rider will be in yellow for most of the Tour that they just issued the whole team with one, but alas it's just a new introduction for this Tour that the best team wears the yellow helmet, in the past yellow caps were worn.
Sparticus wins the prologue no news there really. Brads kept the 10 seconds on Cadel Evans he won yesterday after today's stage so all in all a good start for Sky, Boasen Hagen melted at the end of today's stage though to let Peter Sagen take the win from Cancellara who led for the other two, but once Sagen had got his wheel I think Sparticus must of known it was curtains for himself. Great finish to stage one !



2 comments:

  1. I wondered what the whole yellow helmet thing was as well so you've help inform me!

    I've sorted the link for your blog for Want It Wednesday. Look forward to hearing yours soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jez, I could probably keep the want it piece going all by myself with the list I've got...

    ReplyDelete