Wednesday 7 March 2012

Project Pomppimppino



I've added a couple more of my planned upgrades in a new seat post and saddle. I went with the eXotic carbon & Ti in line post that I wanted but went with a Flite XC Ti and not the Team model I'd initially wanted. The post is a nice looking thing, light as a feather compared to the stock post and for the money well finished, and I've always liked the old school seat clamp arrangement it has it reminds of the USE post's in the mid 90's. It seems to improve on comfort or I might just be kidding myself but it could be as I don't think it's the seat as that's very firm. The seat was a different story as Selle Italia need no introduction and is a quality piece of kit, just what you expect from a saddle costing a £100 although I managed to get it for half that from the good folks at ON ONE . Flite saddle's are a favourite of mine but this one's a bit different it's very firm but with the Perfict Fit self moulding padding and tubular Titinium rails I expect it to get a bit softer as it breaks in or I hope it does as my butts been suffering a bit on longer ride's. It has a channel down the middle which i'm not sure I like as i'm sure that's what is causing  the discomfort. I think the Lorica cover and Kevlar shoulder should keep it looking fresh and new a while as it will wipe clean.





I've had the bike on a couple of ride's now and I'm sure that the post as improved the ride comfort wise or I may just be fooling my self. It's starting to really take shape into the killer cross bike that I want !



The next step in the project will be the crank and freewheel set up as at the moment i'm running with the stronglight track 44 tooth ring crank it came with and a bag of shit 20 tooth dicta freewheel.
There a 170mm crank arm and there's a little bit of toe overlap with the front wheel so i've been looking for a 165 length but there does'nt seem to be a lot of choice for  road or cross chainsets in that length with SRAM looking the most likely but I'll still keep looking for an FSA though. I going to put a 16T Shimano freewheel on the back and a 34 or 36T ring up front most likely either Middleburn or homebrewed Components and with a carbon fork up front with a Chriss King headset she won't look half bad.     

No comments:

Post a Comment